A worker died when a workshop horizontal bi-fold door measuring approximately four metres by four metres fell onto him as he opened it, due to the failure of the wire rope lifting mechanism.
In this case, the wire rope lifting mechanism failed as a result of general deterioration and corrosion in the rope over a period of time, reducing the strength of the wire rope.
Compliant safe power boards for use on construction sites
Are you a Tradie working on a Job Site?
Then you need to be aware of the Risks to avoid Electrocution!
Are your current power boards compliant for use on construction sites? – The Guardian is!
Areas of Service:
We wish to highlight Areas of Service we are offering at HRB Consulting Sunshine Coast
- Safety Management Plans- researched & documented for you. Attention tradies. Most large construction companies require a WHS Plan. Contact Ross to get your quote “across the line”.
- Fire Safety & Emergency Response Plans. (FSA Licence 004738)
- Helping you with your compliance needs referred to in the WHS – Work Health and Safety Act 2011
Social Media in your Workplace
What is Social Media?
“It is the interaction of people in an electronic forum whereby they exchange, share, create and comment among themselves using mobile and web-based technologies.” Clare Chalk
We look at Social Media in your Workplace
Do you have a social media policy?
We all hear of the benefits of Social Media but what may the Dangers of Social Media be; that may affect your business?
- Unauthorised release of business contacts (from MS Outlook)
- Breach of contract (restraints /confidentiality)
- Breach of copyright laws
- Social media “Brand Protection” & “Advertising Issues”