Are you currently a Tradie doing Service work on the Sunshine Coast?
Are you a Plumber, Air-Con Installer or an Electrician who wants to step up into contract work for one of the Majors such as Lend Lease?
In addition to your pricing quotation, you will be asked to supply SWMS or Safe Work Method Statements as part of your submission and capability statement.
I can help you to ‘get across the line’. An Electrician may need to cover these things:
- Work Health & Safety Act of 2011: Regulations: Codes of Practice.
- Electrical Safety Act 2002 + Electrical Safety Regulation 2013
- Codes of Practice 2011-2017 + Metering Rules.
- High Risk Work including:
- Working at Heights
- Confined Spaces.
- EWPs (over 11 Meter Rule)
- Power Board / Industrial
- ACMA /Austel
Building/Construction Industry Safety Policy should include:
- Tag & Lockout. (Electrical & other High Risk Energy Sources)
- Induction for New Starters. Including NES (National Employment Standards)
- ‘Site Specific’- SWMS.
- Risks associated with:
- SWMS: Safe Work Method Statements eg:
- Manual Tasks.
- Working at Heights -Ladders
- Using Skid steers
- Concrete Pumps
- Tailor-made to your Trade tasks
- Safe Operating Procedures / (Tools with Risk). E.g. Angle Grinder and 50 others
- First Aid
- Rescue Plan at your Site
- First Aid
Large construction companies require SUB-CONTRACTORS to have a WHS Plan not just a SWMS.
Remember: As a Sub-Contractor, you are required by law to look after your employees and YOUR Sub-Contractors. It is NOT the responsibility of the Principal Contractor to include your employees in THEIR Safety Plan.
Contact Ross to get your quote “across the line”.