What is Social Media?
“It is the interaction of people in an electronic forum whereby they exchange, share, create and comment among themselves using mobile and web-based technologies.” Clare Chalk
We look at Social Media in your Workplace
Do you have a social media policy?
We all hear of the benefits of Social Media but what may the Dangers of Social Media be; that may affect your business?
- Unauthorised release of business contacts (from MS Outlook)
- Breach of contract (restraints /confidentiality)
- Breach of copyright laws
- Social media “Brand Protection” & “Advertising Issues”
Individual or group impact through legal rights as prescribed in the WH&S Act of 2011 :
- Claims of Discrimination, Harassment & Bullying
- How you handle disciplinary action
- Conduct outside (traditional) work place hours
- Valid Reasons (or not) for dismissal.
As a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) under the WH&S Act of 2011 there are 2 streams of protective control available to you.
The first being how you structure your legitimate business links and permission levels of the tools behind various Social Media apps as advised by Technical Experts at www.12website.com.au
The second being to enhance the Business Safety Management plan with updated Work Health and Safety policies by Safety Advisors at www.hrbconsulting.com.au